Barcelona officially introduced former Tottenham midfielder to Public Camp Nou
Barcelona officially introduced Paulinho as a new resident in the squad Ernesto Valverde, Thursday (17/08/2017). The former Tottenham midfielder was brought from Guangzhou Evergrande with a dowry of 40 million euros (about Rp628 billion).
The 29-year-old is the first hiring since Barcelona released Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain for a record-breaking world record. Paulinho’s presence is certainly expected to fill the gaping hole left by Neymar.
“You have to face challenges with courage. I will try to do the work and I am ready. It was a fulfilling moment. The dream I had been looking for became a reality. I will give everything, “said Paulinho told BBC.
But unfortunately, there are only about 2000 fans who attended this introductory event. Unlike when Barca Neymar first present at the Camp Nou in 2013, with about 90 thousand fans present when it was from a total of 98 thousand bleachers audience. Barca supporters did not seem too enthusiastic about Paulinho’s presence.
Paulinho came to Europe for the first time when Tottenham signed him from Serie A club Corinthians in 2013. But his career at White Hart Lane is only until 2015 because he chose to continue his fortune in the Bamboo Curtain country. He has also successfully led Evergrande to champion Chinese Super League last season, and went from there with his team position at the top.
Games Ready to Use The Moment of 17 August To Seize First Victory
Losing Suarez and still cunning Coutinho
Barcelona are now faced with problems on the front lines. After the departure of Neymar, Barca must now lose Luis Suarez for approximately one month.
Uruguay striker had to undergo treatment after suffering injury when Barcelona fell 0-2 from Real Madrid in the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday (16/8).
Meanwhile Barca are also still not desperate to get the signature Liverpool playmaker, Philippe Coutinho, despite two previous offers have been rejected outright.
Catalan giants reportedly will make a last attempt to Coutinho want to pitch to Camp Nou. And they are more confident to recruit him because the former penggawa Inter Milan has made a formal request for sale.